Would your child benefit from paediatric physiotherapy?
Paediatric physiotherapy is helpful in treating a wide range of conditions. Some of these are similar to those seen in adults and some are specific only to children.
Our paediatric physiotherapist can provide:
Assessment, advice, home exercise programmes and treatment here in The Clinic, when appropriate.
Children who would benefit from our paediatric service may have;
- Neuro muscular disorders eg muscular dystrophy
- Neurological conditions eg cerebral palsy, head injury
- Respiratory conditions eg asthma, cystic fybrosis
- Rheumatologiacal conditions eg juvenille idiopathic arthritis
- Congenital disorders eg spinal bifida
- Syndromes and metabolic diseases
- Learning difficulties
- Developmental delay
- Coordination difficulties
- Orthopaedic conditions eg talipes, torticollis, plagiocephaly
- Acute injuries eg fractures or sports injuries
If you wish to avail of the paediatric service please call us on 02892 622912 or email us at email@example.com and we will book you in to see the Lynsey Cunningham.
Lynsey will assess your child here at the Clinic and advise you regarding the best way forward- this may be in the form of advice, home exercises, direct treatment or a combination of all three.
Lynsey offers treatment to children waiting to be seen by an NHS therapist or perhaps when your child is on a break from therapy with the NHS , if this is appropriate. We liaise closely with other professionals, when appropriate and communicate with your NHS therapist to ensure we establish shared goals.
Are you a new mother?
Baby massage offers a wonderful, nurturing experience for both you and your new baby, offering a unique way for you to interact with your little one through the use of touch and eye contact.
- Helps relieve discomfort from gas, colic and constipation
- Stimulates neurological development
- Improves sleep pattern
- Boosts immunity
- Promotes relaxation and bonding
Baby massage at The Clinic, is provided in a 1:1 setting or in a small group, depending on need. The 1:1 setting offers you the opportunity to learn some of the skills of baby massage, perhaps when you are waiting for a course run by the NHS.
Please bring a bottle of water, a change of nappy and a soft blanket for your baby to lie on.